[GIP-11] GoodDollar V3 - Protocol Enhancements

Hey there,

1. We are all in agreement that adding funds to the Reserve is critical for the protocol to succeed. I think some of how to solve for this big hairy problem is known, in-process, and budgeted for (Balancer Multi-Asset Reserve), but there are still other parts of research and development that need to be scoped and researched. As you can tell, most of the V3 efforts are focused on stop-gap measures to reduce inflation. I believe V4 in 2023 will introduce changes more focused on encouraging Reserve deposits + creating a “fundraising pod” that creates an ask + financial rewards for community-led biz dev.

2. Regarding transparency reporting, since your request on GIP 8 the core team has opened our bi-monthly community calls to the public. In these calls we have shared regular updates on the entity process, and opening a Foundation company based in Cayman. Seeing as the point of the GIP 8 was to increase trust / transparency, and the entity process has been dynamic, I have decided to not publish information that may shift / no longer be relevant / accurate - but we have shared regular updates. You can see the last call / public update here: Community Call, 17 November 2022 - YouTube

3. The process for opening the Cayman Foundation entity is set to be completed by Feb 2023. After it is done, the team will publish a clear description of the Foundation company’s mandate (and how it relates to the GoodDollar Protocol / GoodDAO’s mandate), its officers, corporate governance structure, and operating best practices (interactions) with the DAO.

Hope this clears some stuff up!

3 Likes

Hi community!

GoodDollar V3 voting has launched! Please, follow the link to vote Snapshot

4 Likes

Thaks Anna for your clarification

sorry Anna, but I really don’t follow your logic here. The GIP-8 demanded a report, not community call-updates.

I remember also seeing your commitment to share transparency about GoodDollar LLC budget expenditures, are you also sharing that in community calls??

4 Likes