[GIP 14.1] Increase Distribution on Celo Blockchain

Have you tried using the guides yet? https://ubi.gd/Celo-guides
If in any step you do not know how to continue, write to any of the mods on telegram and we will answer you as soon as possible to accompany you in your claim.

1 Like

Have you tried using the guides yet? https://ubi.gd/Celo-guides
If in any step you do not know how to continue, write to any of the mods on telegram and we will answer you as soon as possible to accompany you in your claim.
Telegram link: Telegram: Contact @GoodDollarX

1 Like

these numbers seems beautiful, but itā€™s a bad and really confusing representation of the reality!

• current Celo users are just around 10% of the total G$ claimers
  • the +50% growth per week (or 97%) doesnā€™t mean that much when you are actually growing from 0 users there few weeks ago.
  • An increase of distribution for that top 10% of users with some web3 knowledge is EXCLUSIVE and goes against GoodDollar vore values of inequality and inclusion.

I think itā€™s completely irresponsable to make such a change if thereā€™s no clear proposal about when the web app is going to be upgrated so not web3 savy can claim from the gooddollar wallet (web) app.

I call then people to vote NO till the team share more clarity on the web app.

2 Likes

Hi Gus, havenā€™t seen you in a community meeting for a while. Hope youā€™re healthy and happy!

As per communicated in our previous community meetings, the GoodWallet will become Celo-default and have multichain capabilities. Its release is scheduled for April 19th, 2023.

4 Likes

Iā€™m healthy and happy, Pat! Thanks for your care <3<3<3

Yeah, Iā€™m busy with the projects Iā€™m working on so generally I have to make a proper use of my time. A community moderator actually asked me few weeks ago to join to some conversation, but I actually would need an agenda to be proposed (and a requested scope of my intervention) to evaluate if it worth my time or not to be there. My understanding now is that there is no common interest in having me in a community meeting, so I would be glad to check up the project from time to time and comment where I find value in bringing my contributions, like I was inteding to do now.

Thanks a lot for bringing clarity about the delivery date, thatā€™s super important to bring some cultural legitimacy (regarding inclusion and equality as GD values) to this proposal, so Iā€™m now more chill on it! :+1:. Iā€™m just surprised (specially after few conversations with the Community moderators) that you guys thought that communicating such an important announcement ONLY in a community meeting was good enough.

In any case, thanks for bringing that now to the conversation, would have been great to have that mentioned a priori. Good luck with the deployment! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Utility is important, engagement and utility = GoodDollar

1 Like

With the way this is going, I believe Celo will become as important as the Bitcoin if only GoodDollar is ready to maintain this hold without spreading wings. Because once they starts spreading to others, the bond will begin to break and if cares is not taking, it might collapse all. I hope this helps

1 Like

Good ideas is it good idea make everybody grow out on DAO