A Toast to GoodDollar!

A Toast To GoodDollar

As the hype of the community moderation elections winds down it’s time to highlight some achievement that still amaze me and makes me extend my congratulations to this organization:

• 4 years of existence, 747,889 total unique users and 10,662 users in the telegram main group.

• 1,415 members in Discourse and 1.5K members in Snapshot.

• This voting process had 62 voters, around ⅕ of the amount of the last process (307 voters).

• Of this 62 voters, 6 supported the newly elected 5 members moderation team, around 10% of this process’ voters.

• The quorum for this election was surpassed by 3108.14% and it was covered from the beginnig with a first vote of 1.3M GOOD’s over 960K minimun needed.

So I’ll propose some virtual toasts due to the multiple things this organization should be happy for:

• To opportunity for all: because no matter if someone’s profile doesn’t match the community nor the role needs, or if someone copy another person’s nomination, or if the team doesn’t prepare a presentation at all, or if the team stops campaigning very early in the contend, or even if the a team has a low amount of supporters; someone will always have the chance to win. All they need is to find a single person powerful enough in GOOD’s possesion. This definitely raise the bar for the future voting processes, maybe not in aptitudes but in GOOD token needs, fostering a healthy competition spirit.

• To the respect towards the GoodDollar community: because no matter if the majority’s option doesn’t win; to the organization, their votes are valuable. Besides, participation is the most important, isn’t it? So there’s no way the community feels their votes are irrelevant. Some of them can even receive 2000 G$ of encouragement after voting! Without mentioning the fact that the results were publicly announced hours after the end of the process and curiously minutes after The GOOD Team gave their public formal congratulations. This portraits how crucial the community’s role is in all this process.

• To friendship and loyalty: because no matter if the project and its community are stuck, no matter if there are new and better proposals, or if the community doesn’t want a specific person because of their arbitrary, or if some members of the team do irregular activities that menace the integrity and transparency of the election process; friends must support each other. Positions can be used to smooth the perception of those actions; some can vote for friendship, some others can abstain to maintain appearance and to avoid conflicts of interest because they’re biased or because they don’t want any trouble with their friends. Nothing is more important than friendship.

• To the electoral regularization body: a one person entity that uses their own opinion to speak on behalf of the entire organization and sets the rules ambiguously enough to give space to multiple controversies and opportunities for those that don’t consider professionalism or ethics their strength, monitoring with blind eye to foster freedom of action, and allowing the former moderation team to compete for reelection during 4 periods while being on duty.

• To Anna: who, as an Executive Director, is an excellent business-level GoodDollar’s public face.

• To silence and indulgence: the things that keeps the world this organization its people supposedly want to change in a descending spiral towards doom.

• To ethics, fairness, organization, professionalism and meritocracy: that shone by their absence.

• To mediocrity: the waving flag.

• To the true colors of GoodDollar and the mysterious Good Labs as organizations.

• To the GoodDAO: Pulling out all the stops day by day to be closer to become a conventional government.

• To DeFi the status quo with a new faces status quo made with the old status quo foundations.

There are other pending toasts regarding other topics that i’ll ommit. I don’t want you guys to exceed your alcohol quota.

I apologize for not drinking in these toasts with you all, my stomach doesn’t stand this kind of fancy wines, but I’ll watch the party from my sit. Congratulations!

Viva GoodDollar!

3 Likes

Un Brindis Por GoodDollar

A medida que la euforia por las elecciones de moderación de la comunidad disminuye, es hora de resaltar algunos logros que todavía me sorprenden y me hacen extender mis felicitaciones a esta organización:

• 4 años de existencia, 747.889 usuarios únicos en total y 10.662 usuarios en el grupo principal de Telegram.

• 1.415 miembros en Discourse y 1.5K miembros en Snapshot.

• Este proceso de votación contó con 62 electores, alrededor de ⅕ del total del proceso anterior (307 electores).

• De estos 62 votantes, 6 apoyaron al recién elegido equipo de moderación de 5 miembros, alrededor del 10% de los votantes de este proceso.

• El quórum para esta elección fue superado en 3108.14% y se cubrió desde el inicio con una primera votación de 1.3M GOODs sobre el mínimo necesario de 960K.

Así que propondré algunos brindis virtuales debido a las múltiples cosas por las que esta organización debería estar feliz:

• Por oportunidades para todos: porque no importa si el perfil de alguien no coincide con las necesidades de la comunidad o del rol, o si alguien copia la nominación de otra persona, o si el equipo no prepara ninguna presentación, o si el equipo deja de hacer campaña muy pronto el contendiente, o incluso si el equipo tiene poca afición; alguien siempre tendrá la oportunidad de ganar. Todo lo que necesitan es encontrar una sola persona lo suficientemente poderosa en posesión GOODs. Esto definitivamente eleva el listón para los futuros procesos de votación, tal vez no en aptitudes sino en la necesidad de tokens GOOD, fomentando un espíritu de competencia saludable.

• Por el respeto hacia la comunidad de GoodDollar: porque no importa si no gana la opción de la mayoría; Para la organización, sus votos son valiosos. Además la participación es lo más importante ¿no? Así que no hay manera de que la comunidad sienta que sus votos son irrelevantes. ¡Algunos de ellos pueden incluso recibir 2000 G$ de estímulo después de votar! Sin mencionar que los resultados fueron anunciados públicamente horas después de finalizar el proceso y curiosamente minutos después de que The GOOD Team diera su felicitación pública formal. Esto refleja cuán crucial es el papel de la comunidad en todo este proceso.

• Por la amistad y la lealtad: porque no importa si el proyecto y su comunidad están estancados, no importa si hay nuevas y mejores propuestas, o si la comunidad no quiere a una persona específica por su arbitrariedad, o si algunos miembros del equipo realizan actividades irregulares que amenacen la integridad y transparencia del proceso electoral; los amigos deben apoyarse unos a otros. Las posiciones se pueden utilizar para suavizar la percepción de esas acciones; algunos pueden votar por la amistad, otros pueden abstenerse para mantener las apariencias y evitar conflictos de intereses porque son parciales o porque no quieren problemas con sus amigos. Nada es más importante que la amistad.

• Por el organismo de regularización electoral: una entidad unipersonal que utiliza su propia opinión para hablar en nombre de toda la organización y establece las reglas de manera lo suficientemente ambigua como para dar espacio a múltiples controversias y oportunidades para aquellos que no consideran el profesionalismo o la ética su fortaleza. monitorear con la vista gorda para fomentar la libertad de acción y permitir que el antiguo equipo de moderación compita por la reelección durante 4 periodos mientras está en servicio.

• Por Anna: quien, como directora ejecutiva, es una excelente cara pública de GoodDollar a nivel empresarial.

• Por el silencio y la indulgencia: las cosas que mantienen al mundo en esta organización que su gente supuestamente quiere cambiar en una espiral descendente hacia la perdición.

• Por la ética, la equidad, la organización, el profesionalismo y la meritocracia: que brillaron por su ausencia.

• Por la mediocridad: la bandera ondeante.

• Por los verdaderos colores de GoodDollar y los misteriosos Good Labs como organizaciones.

• Por la GoodDAO: haciendo todo lo posible por cada día estar más cerca de convertirse en gobierno convencional.

• Por desafiar el status quo con un status quo de caras nuevas hecho con los cimientos del antiguo status quo.

Hay otros brindis pendientes sobre otros temas que omitiré. No quiero que excedan su cuota de alcohol.

Pido disculpas por no compartir estos brindis con todos ustedes, mi estómago no tolera este tipo de vinos elegantes, pero veré la fiesta desde mi asiento. ¡Felicidades!

¡VIVA BuenDollar!

1 Like

My team didn’t win, but we know how to accept when we loses. It’s the difference between a team that is prepared to moderate and to stop moderating with respect when appropriate.

1 Like

From the beginning, you have not understood the difference between GoodDao and Good Labs.

Good Labs supports our Dao, which is different from them being the same; the protocol is free to change the governance structure (and many other things). You yourself presented reasons for why changes in governance should be considered (which I don’t agree with, by the way), but you decided not to continue with that proposal. So, it seems unfair to me that you speak of “arbitrarily created ambiguous norms” when Gustavo Segovia, a former employee of Gooddollar, worked on the proposal to define the parameters of the GoodDao, and the community approved it (maybe you weren’t in the community at that time). However, that process was voted on and approved; Gustavo used parts of the proposal process from Aragon Dao.

The GoodDao has a mechanism precisely for approving changes to the way things are changed, so not using them or not intending to change them is not someone else’s problem. People who disagree should be the ones driving those movements.

Second, it makes me laugh that I know you made many toasts, including for my first vote of 1.3 million Good. Obviously, I voted for my group, but you forgot the antepenultimate one; just two hours before closing the proposal, someone voted for your group with 9 million Good. Is that okay? Is it better to vote two hours before than right at the beginning? Everyone makes their toasts as they want with their own coherence.

I prefer to respect the results of the DAO and do what I can to ensure that the new team can provide good support to the community. Everyone accepts the results as they prefer.

3 Likes

Andrés, honey, I know the figures of speech are not for everyone. Don’t worry, I’m going to clarify some things you didn’t catch, after all we must be here to help each other:

1- I’m talking on my behalf, the rest of my former team didn’t even know anything about this post and its content.

2- I’m merely pointing out the facts. They’re all public, everyone can apply the famous DYOR on this and check the veracity.

3- I’m actually very grateful because I feel I’m dodging a bullet and I honestly thought you guys would feel flattered since I’m just highlighting in public what it’s a normalized practice here (AKA the policies) and that should be acknowledged by everyone.

4- The fun fact is that I wasn’t talking about the Good Labs nor the way the governance was conviniently set from the beginnig in the toast to the electoral regularization body. I think it was you who misunderstood the paragraph, but again, figures of speech aren’t for everyone and it’s ok.

5- My proposal was at paused for the simple fact that the security breach happened and there wasn’t at the time (and as for what we saw now, there still isn’t) a community’s moral strong enough as to massively participate. Beside, some people with tons of GOOD’s that, as you, weren’t supporting the proposal but neither did you bring solutions to revaluate the participation of the community. And finally, and as consequence of the previous 2 points, it turned almost funny to think about voting to change the current voting system with a process that uses the current voting system and against all the GOOD power of those how conviniently oppose to have a balanced scale.

6- Regarding your logic about what I said about the 1.3M votes (which was a KPI, not a toast itself), I just pointed out that 1 single voter could actually cover the quorum by theyselve. I.e. if nobody else would had vote for your team, and the other teams had 1000 voters each but the sum of the their votes hadn’t reach and surpassed your GOODs amount, you still would have made your team the winner by yourself… which actually kinda was what it happened, but with other team, of course.

Now that you mentioned the Good Labs, maybe you or the rest of the gang could enlight us all with more info about this entity. Does it have an e-mail? Any phone number? Maybe a web page or any socials? Where can we find the structure of the entity and the names of its members? All I could find is that it’s registered in the Cayman Islands based on what the info held on Terms & Conditions

Another thing that caught my attention is that you mentioned the 1.3M GOOD’s vote (the very first one) was yours… Are you telling me you voted at least twice? Because there’s another address voting with your name on it, i.e. an ENS with the name you publicly use in most of your socials.

This whole GOOD’s thing reminds me a said that talks about people that boast of something specific to hide what they’re lacking of.

Once again, all these are facts that anyone can freely verify.

1 Like

Desde un punto moralista, me es importante destacar la transparencia, la equidad y la integridad en los procesos de toma de decisiones y elección de líderes en cualquier comunidad u organización. Los valores como la ética, la justicia y la imparcialidad deben ser prioritarios para garantizar que todos los miembros se sientan representados y respetados. Cualquier falta de estos principios puede socavar la confianza y la cohesión dentro de la comunidad. En este caso, me vuelven discrepancias y preocupaciones sobre la forma en que se llevó a cabo el proceso de elección de moderadores, lo que me sugiere de nuevo la necesidad de revisar y fortalecer los procedimientos para garantizar que sean justos y transparentes en el futuro.

El sistema democrático ponderado puede presentar desafíos cuando se trata de determinar el quórum, ya que puede permitir que una minoría influyente tenga un peso desproporcionado en el resultado de una votación. Si una sola entidad o individuo tiene una cantidad significativa de votos, pueden influir en el resultado final, incluso si la mayoría de la comunidad no está de acuerdo. Esto puede llevar a situaciones en las que el quórum se alcance fácilmente debido al peso de unos pocos votantes, lo que podría no reflejar verdaderamente el consenso de la comunidad en su conjunto. Por lo tanto, es importante establecer reglas y salvaguardias adecuadas para garantizar que el proceso de votación sea equitativo y representativo de la voluntad colectiva.

La retórica, en este caso, se está utilizando para expresar críticas y preocupaciones que comparto y siempre destaqué sobre el proceso de elección en GoodDollar, así como para destacar posibles problemas de transparencia y equidad. Siempre que la retórica se base en hechos verificables y se utilice de manera constructiva para fomentar el diálogo y la reflexión, puede ser considerada justificada. No en vano, al participar en el proceso de selección a sabiendas de las reglas del sistema de voto ponderado no vendría mal reconocer y aceptar los resultados sin el uso de la maravillosa y exquisita retórica.

1 Like