Advertising in the App

Good morning, I was thinking that it would be a good idea to insert Advertising at the beginning of the App session and also why not on the Web, many projects do it to increase income and thus be able to pay expenses and improve the Wallet in the future , it could be by choice, if the person wants or not to collaborate with the ads inserted in the App, through an option in it, I think we have very good designers in the Team and they could take it into account since in my opinion it would be very positive , could be binance, Lemon, Etoro Etc.

3 Likes

Hello Oscar! Thanks for your participation. I also thought about it a couple of months ago when they launched the news panel, that money could be used to finance the Dao or some use that is defined.

It scared me a little was to think that it could be advertising that would attract people to unsafe projects.

But your idea of ​​asking each person if they want to accept collaborating by receiving advertising would be very convenient because we could try to explain to people the risks of advertising and the non-relationship with GoodDollar LLC or GoodDao

I say this from my personal position

2 Likes

It seems perfect to me, it would be good if at least the Main Team takes it into account and creates a survey on Telegram with the Users to really know what they think about inserting advertising and everything it represents for the Project, thanks for your response. :handshake:

3 Likes

Good Friend on the Vote in the Dao is what defines whether it is adopted or not. In this case, the maturation of the idea would start from the idea, feedback from the community through the forum (Here) to order everything necessary from the smallest aspect. Personally, I think that the most difficult thing about a process like this or any other is that it is born from 0 and giving the first successful push can be the most difficult. but over time the fruits are obtained if someone puts the baton in this case it would be the organizer of the ideas and the main interested in making it a reality.

2 Likes

You are the most creative in my opinion and the one closest to the movements and thoughts of the active Members of the Project, I am sure you can organize, I would also like to know the thoughts of the claimants first, if they find it invasive or not and If they are willing to support this important initiative, in addition to, of course, knowing if it is possible to apply it in the App, getting ADVERTISING I AM SURE WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM, since many important companies will be willing. :handshake:

3 Likes

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo

2 Likes

I like your idea I will create a survey in the main groups to see the opinion of the other members of the community

1 Like

@pedrosa.eth ny suggestion? how ads could be implemented on the web and gooddollar app

1 Like

Hey Oscar
Yes we have considered this aspect, and personally I think it is a good idea.
We have thought about different ways how to be able to monetize the wallet to increase UBI.
Our main concern is how to make sure advertisement is in-line with our values and also preserve privacy.
We already have some infrastructure set for “invite campaign sponsoring”.

I would love to see the community organizes a team/committee around this.
We will support such an initiative, As we are a very small team and dont have the bandwidth, we nead more help and involvement form the community.

The committee role can be

1. think of new ways to monetize
  2. give grants to develop approved ideas
  3. bring to the vote of the DAO an “advertising policy”
  4. create a process to approve new advertisers
  5. seek actual advertisers that would be interested

As said, I think first viable use case would be to see if the community can find a new sponsor for the invite campaign, in exchange the sponsor would get exposure in the feed, 2-3 posts during the campaign

@pedrosa.eth @jessica @Meri_Fernandez @goodanna

5 Likes

Really exciting! Like a moderator can I accompany the lead process?

3 Likes

Hello, Ă“scar and other colleagues. Sounds like a good idea about Gooddollar advertising. Look, apart from the fact that companies can pay for advertising in G$, which is logical, it is the best way to generate income for the UBI, you can also advertise in the Convention or Agreement type, that is, to newspapers, radios or other media that work digitally, it would be a way to attract new users to the Gooddollar Community as well as for them, that is, mutual help, for example, you can advertise to 1 or 2 digital media a week and in the following to another 1 or 2 successively, equal to G$.

3 Likes

Thank you for taking the idea into account and for at least discussing it, almost the entire community agrees to support the initiative, I only proposed Advertising in the Wallet App and web inserted at the beginning of the section, I have seen it in another Project as I said and it works well, it is adopted by the majority. There may be various ways to Support the Project, on my part I always work in the shadows so that GoodDollar goes ahead, I think that you could talk to Yoni Assia, surely he knows people and companies that can contribute with that if his link is shown in the App, I think he would be willing to lend a hand like no one else. :handshake:

1 Like

I think Yoni Asia is for other things. The advertising target must be defined, which could be NGOs and the like, as well as its amount, sample time.
Google adsense, I seem to remember, has its advertising department and they manage all the advertising in the apps they have in the Store. I will inform myself about it.

1 Like

Sure Yoni Assia is for other things, but he is also one of the founders and is also in this Forum, he has a lot of knowledge and ability to contact someone who is interested in advertising in the App, of course after everything is already devised and polished.

We are not looking for adsense type of ads, this has to be custom tailored ads by specific projects that are mission aligned, and they would buy the ad campaign with G$s

2 Likes

So we’re talking about sponsorships, not ads.
Is it final?
It is that I have read in several opinions the word “advertising” and it is important that the concept is defined to know what we are talking about.

1 Like

I like that, it seems the most appropriate! my humble opinion. :handshake: My personal survey at the local level (My community) is 10 out of 10 in favor, without bothering about inserting personalized ads in the Mobile App and Web. We could also try to create a new campaign to recover claimants and start both things at once. Same time. :handshake:

The concept is a link in the wallet at the beginning of the session, with the option to be able to remove it if the user finds it invasive and obtain G$ in return by supporting other Projects that are in line with ours, it would be one more Help to, for example, maintain the Wallet or personal expenses etc. :handshake:

1 Like

I understand but an advertisement and a sponsorship are not the same nor are they worth the same.
If there is a draft on sponsorships, it is already a step taken, but a sponsorship cannot be considered invasive and therefore the drag option should not be given.
Deep pocket sponsors are those with global grants such as the World Food Program (WFP), the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations for Development (UNDP), the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) and the Joint United Nations Program on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). All associated with the UNO, which in turn is very well related to the World Economic Forum, 2030 agenda.

1 Like

Ok Oliver, propose according to your point of view what would be the most appropriate, that is what this forum is for, to present ideas, as long as they allow us and are constructive.