[GIP-21] Election Grant Community Moderation 2024

GIP: GIP-21
Title: Election Grant Community Moderation 2024
Track: Other
Created: 05/04/2024

This GIP is a follow up of the GoodDAO Community Moderation Grant 2024

First of all, thanks to everybody who showed interest and applied to the Community Moderations Grant 2024! As we progress with the redeployment of the GoodDollar Protocol, more opportunities will arise from the DAO.

Following the initial screening to ensure alignment with the grant’s objectives, three applications have advanced to the voting phase: Q-Team, GIMT-Team and The Good Team.

This proposal aims to select one of these Community Moderator teams to take over the scope of work and responsibilities fully described in the Community Moderation Grant post.

• The total budget allocated for community moderation is 14,400 cUSD for the entire 6 months, to be paid monthly after review of the monthly report. This budget is donated from Good Labs Foundation.
  • The grant is to cover a 6 month time frame, April 2024 - September 2024.
  • The grant scope covers moderation for all global GoodDollar community channels, for minimum coverage of 100 hours per week (full scope & channel list below). For example for a group of 4 would be 25 hours each, and 600cUSD each month.

The team selected for the role will be chosen through a single-choice voting process on Snapshot. The current team is extending their functions until the end of the voting period and over the next few days, ensuring a smooth transition in the event of a new team being selected.

In April’s GoodDollar Community Call, the three teams presented their compelling applications, introducing themselves to the community and presenting reasons why other members should vote for them. You can view their presentations at the last 20 minutes of the call.

These are the candidate teams for the role:

Q-Team

Greetings to all! We are delighted to introduce ourselves as the moderation team for the GoodDollar community. Over the past approximately two years, we’ve dedicated ourselves to this role, and we’re immensely grateful and proud to share our journey with the GoodDollar community. Throughout this time, we’ve accumulated valuable experience, witnessing the community’s growth to hundreds of thousands of members, and actively participating in integrating many individuals into the protocol.

Every single day, without fail, each member of our team witnesses the dedication of our community members. Individually and collectively, we bring our unique perspectives and efforts to foster a sense of belonging and support within the community. Often, we go above and beyond to address the exponential growth of the protocol, ensuring its sustainability and inclusivity.

With this introduction, we’d like to present each of the four members of our dedicated team:

Christiane Mendes

• Telegram: @ProfChrisMendezBR
  • Languages: Portuguese (spoken), English (written)

Qualifications and Experience:

As a teacher and social activist in Brazil, I’ve been deeply involved in various community projects, including the adoption of the ImpactMarket UBI protocol and microcredit in crypto assets in the Coroadinho favela. I manage the DetrashDao community project and coordinate a group of teenagers learning about digital photography and NFTs. Additionally, I’ve been a GoodDollar ambassador and moderator for the past two years.

Plans for Community Improvement:

1. Focus on supporting extremely vulnerable and unbanked groups, empowering them to utilize cryptography for financial and social transformation.
  2. Implement rewarding systems, airdrops, and incentive campaigns to encourage participation.
  3. Develop a farming system to enhance liquidity within the community.

Etugbo Obokparo Stephen

• Telegram: @FocusedSteve
  • Discord Handle: #stephen7089
  • Language: English

With nearly three years of experience moderating the GoodDollar community, I possess a deep understanding of community dynamics and am well-suited for this role.

1. Create relevant content and update user guides regularly.
  2. Organize community feedback sessions to gather insights from our claimers.
  3. Conduct educational events on blockchain technology.

Manuel Andrés Muñoz Quemba

• Telegram: @MAMQ01
  • Discord Handle: andresmq
  • Languages: Spanish (native), English.

I’ve served as a community moderator for GoodDollar for the past two years, demonstrating active engagement and commitment.

1. Host weekly online meetings for community assistance.
  2. Prepare guidelines and video tutorials to facilitate community participation in the protocol.
  3. Wishsing start to ontribute to the Community protocol as a developer.

José Adán Peralta

• Telegram: @josead12
  • Discord: josead11#6459
  • Languages: Spanish (native), English (translator), Italian (translator)

With two years of experience as a moderator across various platforms, I’ve contributed significantly to community management and content creation.

1. New NFT stake campaign with G$ by educating new members using the task payment system.
  2. Create new updated content about: G$ Compatible Wallets, Staking on GoodDAO.
  3. Update the bot responsible for eliminating spam and create a campaign on TaskOn or Zealy to attract new members to the G$ community.

Additional Skills:

• Creative and innovative
  • Capacity for teamwork
  • Communication and problem-solving skills
  • Enthusiast of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
  • Willingness to learn and contribute new ideas for the growth of the GoodDollar community.

Important:

Previous Quarter Analytics

GIMT Team

We are thrilled to present our Gooddollar Moderation team for the Gooddollar Moderation Grant nomination. The name of our team is the “Gooddollar International Moderation Team” (GIMT), constituting a total of 5 dedicated and well experienced individuals from different location in the World.

Below are profiles of each team member expressing a comprehensive working experiences, Gooddollar experiences and our collective contributions towards the improvement of the Gooddollar project.

• Name: Pablo Rosatti

Telegram: pablorosatti

Discord: pablorosatti

Languages: Spanish and English

Work experience: I have 2 years of experience as a moderator of FUSE and VOLTAGE FINANCE.

I have collaborated by contacting many projects that later led to successful partnerships.

I consider the job of moderator very important to grow the community and assist it in whatever it needs, as well as to receive suggestions. I believe I am qualified for this role and would love to share and gain more experience as a moderator in this community.

My experience with GoodDollar: I have had my GoodDollar wallet since 2020, that is, since its inception. The concept of the project is very interesting and I will be delighted to be part of it.

• Name: Adeboye Muhammed Mukthar

Telegram: Mukk2727

Discord handle: ashafe

Languages Spoken: English, Arabic, French and native Nigerian languages (Yoruba and Hausa)

Working Experience: I have a 3 years moderator experience with different crypto communities which I don’t want to disclose due to signed agreement, For someone to be a moderator especially for a fast growing community I believe it is all about experience and to be honest my vast and wide experience in leading, managing and communications with CO workers and members is excellent. I take my job as a moderator very important because been able to ensure audience or the community members needs are met and helping them grow into the community is really amazing. I believe I am qualified for this role and I would love the share and gain more experience as a moderator in your community.

My Experience with GoodDollar: Well it all started with Celo, the project was really an interesting one so I want to know more and more on the coins, other projects integrated into the network. I made my own research and then I found GoodDollar at 2022, I registered and I was given 500G$ which was a good start for a new project. I really wanted to see more about the project I kept on claiming everyday and was really happy when I sent my earnings to Valora recently which was fast. My experience has really been a good one and an addiction for claiming G$.

• Name: Betz Lenz

Telegram: Chardztreb

Discord: Chardztreb

Language Spoken: English, Filipino, Cebuano

Working Experience;

I am 24 years old, my work experience started since I’m 14 years old which I start my working at MMM Community Helping Donation P2P Fund that is also a Crypto World at year 2014, and year 2016 I have been a community moderator with Zewang Zewang Manager where activities organized let to the rapid growth of the community. I helped to rebuild and recognize the project customizing it to suit the project hence making community activities and interactions more customized to the project.

My experience of GoodDollar;

I have been Ambassador for gooddollar for 2 years and have studied and understood the dynamics of the community well during these time. I helped steer and transition the ambassador program to what it currently is and also helped identify talents in the ambassador team to help with certain decision making strategies for the program. I am also an ambassador for the Nigerian community (one of the ever growing) community, where I help to speak at events and also support in local community platforms.

• Name: Daniela Patricia Peña Escorcia

Telegram: DANY_2708

Discord: psicd27

Language: Spanish and English

Working Experience;

• I am a Psychologist, i currently work with a Mexican company where i performed virtual therapies and treats patients individually.
  • I care for patients with anxiety disorders, depression, TDAH, autism, suicide attempts, personality disorder; With my experience I can help the GoodDollar community a lot, since it will be easy for me to get closer and be able to contribute from my profession, in addition to letting them know about this great project.
  • I am also working on the development of a platform to serve patients and make payments with GoodDollar.

Experience with Gooddollar;

• I have been following the development of the project for 3 years, in addition to having analyzed the weaknesses and strengths that we have in the community. My main goal is to turn those weaknesses into motivation so that they become strengths.
  • Likewise, I plan to invite many of my professional colleagues to be part of this community, since it is important to have a psychologist at GoodDollar to better understand the needs of each member who is part of this community.
  • Name: Umar Ibrahim Jauro

Telegram: SOCIALHUSTLER1

Discord Handle: Omarjauro

Languages Spoken: English, Pidgin, Hausa and my Native Language.

Working Experience;

I am a 23 years old Nigerian and recent graduate from the University of Maiduguri. I started my crypto journey since 2018 and at that time many of my community members aren’t aware of the advent of crypto. Looking at this, I started working on essential measures to take in other to promote the knowledge of crypto within my community and beyond. At last, I was able to come up with a team named “SOCIAL-HUSTLERS” where I created a forum titled " THE SOCIAL-HUSTLERS FORUM", this provided me a room to onboard, engage and interact with divers community members in other to create awareness on the opportunities available online. This also makes me stand on the cutting edge to serve as a community moderator attending to both physical and virtual assistance and meetups in different aspects of the online opportunities especially the crypto space.

In the subsequent years when many crypto projects started their journey, especially the mobile mining projects. I joined the trend and serve as a lead there by promoting some of these projects while assisting my community on how to get started and to be familiar with such mining projects. Today, not only crypto mining, I took many contracts from different crypto companies such as (Busha) and non - crypto companies. I am currently a Spurt! Ambassador and a HR Assistant at Pailot (A decentralized Logistics Platform on Pi Network) all assigned with the task of moderation, leads generations and promoting their products and services which were attained efficiently and effectively. This gave me the Ideal experiences to work consistently and apply essential measures to attain to the stated goals in any task assigned to me. I believe applying such verse experiences achievements and enough time to work with my young age and as a graduate, if chanced to take part in the Gooddollar Moderation, Gooddollar shall thrive to the next level.

My Experience with Gooddollar;

I have joined the Gooddollar project around 2021 where I navigated through various research to understand the potential of the project in other to engage and take it forward to my community. In my research, I found that Gooddollar is a legit project which is targeted towards the provision of Universal Basic Income (UBI) as an ideal scenario to address income differences, and to enhance transparency in financial transactions. In a nutshell, I also noticed that Gooddollar token (G$) is not just a mere speculative token but serves as a token that can be used in exchange of goods and services which makes it becomes a Utility token.

Looking at that, I joined the project and started engaging with it’s community to learn more about what the project entails. For the matter of fact, the mods there have been doing great looking at the rapid response rate which encouraged me to start preparing the strategies to take in other to promote the Gooddollar project looking at it’s potential and the positive impact it will make on my community. I created a group specifically to promote Gooddollar and thankfully, alot has been achieved as a result of that. Many of my communities have joined and understand a little on what the Gooddollar project is all about.

• GIMT Targets for Gooddollar Improvement;

As a team that is geared towards contributing collectively to the success of the Gooddollar project, it is ideal to brace up with three essential points to serve as our plans and targets for the effective and efficient delivery of the Gooddollar Moderation. To this note, the three targets of the GIMT towards the improvement of the Gooddollar project are summarized based on some essential parameters which are as follows;

1. Adherence to the Moderation Scope/Terms and Conditions: Our team will ensure that the we are familiar with and follow all the guidelines and rules that have been set for the community. This includes things like code of conduct, posting policies, and other guidelines. It’s important to follow these rules to maintain a healthy and safe community environment. This will help us to understand the dynamics in the entire moderation processes and strictly adhere to the Governing principles of the Gooddollar project.
  2. Constructive Community Engagements: GIMT will always strive to engage with the community in a positive and constructive way. This includes being respectful, helpful, and encouraging, as well as avoiding inflammatory or negative comments. Posting educational contents and given immediate responses to the community. This will help us in towards keeping an active community, educating the community, updating the community with new features and maintaining a user friendly environment for the well-being of the community.
  3. Occasional Campaigns for Project Promotion: Our team will periodically be running campaigns or initiatives to promote the project or cause. This could include things like social media campaigns, awareness-raising events, or other activities that generate interest and support for the project. This helps to keep the community engaged and motivated, and helps to spread the word about the project, it’s potential and leads to bringing new members to the project and the Gooddollar community.

Finally, considering the vast experiences of our team and the targets we set aside towards that accomplishment of the set objectives, we believe that if we are given the opportunity to take part in the Gooddollar Moderation, we will take Gooddollar project to the next level. GIMT is ready to support, dedicate and contribute immensely to the success of the Gooddollar Project. We are looking forward to learning more from you.

Good Team

A new moderation period arrives after our biggest moment of crisis as a project. Not only our reserve and liquidity were drained, the trust and the eagerness of our community were also undermined, affecting our most valuable asset since no project can survive without a community. Aiming to continue an arduous labor and willing to take responsibility of moderation, we introduce ourselves.

d04d75dd389b9e435302d58bf658b06078be3f0d_2_690x388

Progress, Jahanna, Misha and Ewuoso. Four individuals with different backgrounds, cultures, nationalities, and insights that have joined with a common goal: rekindle the passion for a project that breaks financial barriers and was created to help others. GoodDollar has so much to offer, let’s make our community grow and solidify alongside us.

Name: Progress Birah

Telegram: @coin-kingz2

Discord: _bhira

Language Spoken: English

Tell us about any previous experience with community moderation and why you are qualified for this role:

I have been a community moderator with Bitget (formerly bitkeep) where activities organized let to the rapid growth of the community. I have also worked as a community manager with Orbis86 an NFT gaming platform, specifically on Discord, during this time, I helped to rebuild and re-organize the discord server, customizing it to suit the project hence making community activities and interactions more customized to the project.

Tell us about your experience with GoodDollar and the community to date:

I have been community manager for gooddollar for over a year and have studied and understood the dynamics of the community well during these time. I helped steer and transition the ambassador program to what it currently is and also helped identify talents in the ambassador team to help with certain decision making strategies for the program. I am also an ambassador for the Nigerian community (one of the ever growing) community, where I help to speak at events and also support in local community platforms.

If nominated, what are the first 3 things you would do to improve the GoodDollar community?

First, I will re-organize the discord platform (a process which I started already) to make it more community centered and also to increase interactions there so as not to lose out on the discord audience.

Secondly I will develop an activity calendar with the other moderators in my team to keep activities like games, AMAs, interactive sessions etc, rolling out in the different community channels

Thirdly, I and the mod team will ensure to have recurring AMAs where gooddollar will be partnered with similar projects especially on the celo blockchain, to join forces and also spread the gooddollar word.

Name: Jahanna

Telegram: @Jaheli9

Discord Handle: jaheli9

Language(s) Spoken: Spanish (native), English(C1), French(B2) and Portuguese(A1)

Experience and Qualifications:

• Previous experience moderating groups.
  • Broad experience interacting online with people all around the world.
  • Community Management certification.
  • Creative Advisor.
  • Organization, methodology and procedure services.
  • Designer and trainee programmer.
  • Animal rescuer and active aid donor in my country.

I have high qualifications for the role since I’ve already been doing several of the tasks described in the work scope, managing the twitter account, organizing regular spaces, giving support to users in Spanish and English, collaborating with the moderation in the Spanish Telegram group sometimes, assisting to all our community calls, participating our main discussions through different channels, providing ideas and currently developing tools to benefit the community. I also have the needed knowledge to optimize our workflow as a team of moderators to improve efficiency and achieve the monthly desired results, detect shortcomings, hear the community needs and using creativity and multiple resources to address them and find solutions.

GoodDollar & Community Experience: After being a member of this community since 2022 and an ambassador for almost a year (effective in April), I have the insight of both roles and the perspective of both parties, the user, and the organization. Being a moderator can amplify my range of action to reconquer the trust and interest of our community after the past December events while fostering the usage of our token and web3 education, all wrapped in the philosophy and foundations of Gooddollar.

Actions to improve the GoodDollar community:

• Enhance the value of our community by transforming the wrong belief that users can only be passive claimers. Working alongside them, building it as a solid active collaborative members’ community.
  • Create and innovate with new dynamics to engage and make grow the community.
  • Provide a portion of my salary creating funds to develop and nurture our community’s economy which will work to educate about DeFi, cover donations and charity causes, create more tools and promote usability.

Name: Misha

Telegram: @mishadub95

Discord username: 0xtis

Language(s) Spoken: English (native), Russian (native), Spanish (B1), French(A1),

As a Community Lead and Social Media Manager of Fuse Network for over 3+ years, I’ve excelled in engaging diverse communities, spearheading educational content creation, and managing crisis communications. My journey with GoodDollar as an early adopter has deepened my understanding of its mission and vision, allowing me to actively participate and contribute within its community.

Experience and Qualifications:

• Community Building and Engagement: 3+ years of building and nurturing vibrant crypto communities across various platforms including Discord, Telegram, X, and Reddit. Experience in developing engagement strategies that foster community growth, encourage active participation and create a sense of belonging among members.
  • Content Creation and Management: Skilled in creating, curating, and managing content that resonates with the community across social media platforms and community channels. This includes writing informative articles, producing educational videos, hosting AMA (Ask Me Anything) sessions, and conducting webinars to educate and engage the community.
  • Social Media Strategy: 4+ years of experience in developing and executing social media strategies to increase brand visibility, and community engagement, and drive conversations around the project. Proficient in using analytics tools to measure performance and adjust strategies accordingly.
  • Event Planning and Management: Expertise in organizing online and offline events such as hackathons, meetups, conferences, and workshops to promote the project and engage with the community directly.
  • Feedback and Insights Collection: Experience in gathering community feedback through surveys, forums, and direct chat interactions. Using insights to inform product development, marketing strategies, and community initiatives.
  • Crisis Management: Ability to manage and resolve conflicts within the community, address concerns, and navigate through periods of high volatility or negative sentiment in the market.

Proposed Actions for GoodDollar Community Moderation:

• Proactive Moderation Strategies: I plan to implement advanced moderation tools and community guidelines to ensure a respectful, spam-free environment, focusing on prevention and positivity.
  • Educational Engagement: provide informative guidance and direct users to resources, we aim to make moderation an educational touchpoint, deepening community understanding of GoodDollar’s vision.
  • Community Safety and Trust: Establishing robust scam detection protocols and clear reporting mechanisms will enhance community trust, making GoodDollar a safer space for all users.

My proven track record in community management and deep engagement with the GoodDollar ecosystem positions me uniquely to contribute significantly as a Community Moderator within our team’s application for the nomination. I am committed to fostering a vibrant, informed, and safe community environment that aligns with GoodDollar’s mission.

Name: Ewuoso Olusesi

Telegram: @ewuoso

Discord Handle: @ewuosho#0260

Languages Spoken: English, Yoruba

Previous Experience with Community Moderation:

I have a wealth of experience in community moderation across various projects. I’ve actively nurtured and grown channels by organizing engaging events such as quizzes, ensuring spam-free environments, and fostering a welcoming atmosphere for all participants.

Experience with GoodDollar and the Community:

I’ve been an integral part of the GoodDollar community for over three years, deeply understanding its mission and values. As an ambassador, I’ve consistently contributed high-quality content, hosted numerous events and games, and spearheaded impactful campaigns like the GoodDollar haircut initiative, where participants received free haircuts for joining the GoodDollar platform. I’ve also been an advocate for GoodDollar at various events, spreading awareness and fostering engagement.

Qualifications for the Role:

My extensive experience in community moderation, coupled with my deep involvement and understanding of GoodDollar’s objectives, makes me uniquely qualified for this role. I’m passionate about fostering a positive and vibrant community that aligns with GoodDollar’s vision of financial inclusion and empowerment.

First 3 Things to Improve the GoodDollar Community:

Enhance Communication Channels: Implementing more efficient communication channels to ensure timely updates, facilitate discussions, and address community concerns promptly.

Strengthen Engagement Initiatives: Introducing new engagement initiatives such as regular AMA (Ask Me Anything) sessions, contests, and community feedback surveys to foster interaction and participation.

Expand Outreach Efforts: Develop strategies to expand GoodDollar’s reach by collaborating with influencers, organizing targeted marketing campaigns, and leveraging social media platforms to attract new users and broaden community involvement.

These are few examples of my participation with GoodDollar

Haircut Campaign

Gooddollar Haircut Campaign – Google Drive

Event

https://twitter.com/purecrypto_/status/1690949989856370688?t=z2mFtsWzj_HH9VrB0P69wA&s=19 2

https://twitter.com/EwuosoOlusesi/status/1551976404807553026?t=3fZvVEEj31iEl9eOxGLqSQ&s=19

As a team, we build a robust strategy to fairly, actively, and successfully moderate every corner of this virtual space that holds our community. The persona we design portrays the identity of our team based on the following keywords:

• Catalyst: As an entity that will constantly absorb the feedback from our community being open to new ideas and constructive criticism; and constantly measuring the temperature to heed our community needs and concerns.
  • Omniscient Learner: As an entity with a dual concept that knows it’s community and their members enough as to prevent untoward situations, as to deescalate them, and as to cultivate a healthy environment; and will keep itself acquiring knowledge to be a step ahead to provide solutions and support our community.
  • Omnipresent: As an entity that will always be there for our community and will be spread through all the structures at our community disposal ensuring optimized coverage.
  • Solomonic: As an entity that will sets fair and clear guidelines attached to curated moderation practices and the philosophy of the project, being oblivious to biased or visceral actions and decisions. Always prioritizing the members of our community and never abusing of a position of power.
  • Innovative: As an entity that will implement creative strategies and mechanisms to improve our community comfort and satisfaction by making use of existing and new resources, tools, and allies.

Scope of Work

With an entity made up of 4 members, the distribution of functions would be as follows:

• 100 hours per week equally divided by 4. With rotative shifts and a contingence plan to cover absences.
  • Fixed and rotative assignments for all the members of the team to maximize interaction in all the environments of our community, ensure fair distribution of functions and gain a four angles perspective.
  • Weekly internal reports to keep close track of improvements, shortcomings, work in progress, analytics, and strategies review.
  • Team decision making approach regarding the moderation affairs in a “4tified” philosophy.
  • Monthly reports to the GoodDAO and monthly moderation review from our community.

The GOOD Team is eager to work in synergy to solidify the bridge between the community and the organization by working all together while growing all together.

2 Likes

Snapshot vote launched!

Start date: April 5, 6:54 PM
End date: April 12, 6.54 PM

For those new here is a guide on how to use your GOOD tokens to vote

2 Likes